PCB Backs Misbah despite failure in PSL 202023 March 2020 / SkyBook365 Cricket Editors Team
Islamabad crashed out without reaching the knockout stages for the 1st time.
India's 38-year-old wicketkeeper has been silent on his future since last playing competitive cricket during July's World Cup semi-final loss to New Zealand. MS Dhoni has spoken about his cricketing future at the launch event for a line of luxury watches. At an event in Mumbai, Dhoni was asked by a reporter about everyone speaking about his future plans barring himself. MS Dhoni brushed aside questions regarding his highly awaited international comeback by saying that questions regarding his return to cricket should only be asked after January 2020. Dhoni's response was brief: "January tak mat poocho (don't ask until January)." Dhoni did not elaborate on what was meant to happen in January, leaving his words open to interpretation. This is the first time he has spoken about his future - even in this cryptic manner - in the recent months that he has spent away from India's limited-overs teams.
The selectors have kept faith in Rishabh Pant as the limited-overs keeper in this time, with Sanju Samson picked as his back-up for the last two T20I series. In October, chairman MSK Prasad said the selectors were "moving on" from Dhoni. On Tuesday, India head coach Ravi Shastri also weighed in on the Dhoni question. Asked whether there was still a chance of Dhoni making a comeback for next year's T20 World Cup in Australia, Shastri said it would depend on the form of the incumbents as well as his own form, particularly during the IPL. Dhoni hasn't played any competitive cricket since India's World Cup semi-final loss to New Zealand. He opted out of the West Indies tour that followed the World Cup and since then he has not featured in the squads for the series against South Africa and Bangladesh and upcoming West Indies series. He has not played any domestic cricket in this period either.
2020 Copyrights © All Rights Reserved.